Alexander Girard (1907–1993) is one of the greatest colorists, pattern makers, and environmental and exhibition designers of the 20th Century. Hired by Herman Miller in 1952, Girard led the company’s textile division where he brought color and life to the modern furniture creations of George Nelson and Charles and Ray Eames.
BUILT continues that tradition with a collection of specially designed iconic neoprene totes using three classic Girard patterns—La Fonda, January, and Retrospective.
Girard Lunch Purse From the Alexander Girard Collection. Who says bringing your lunch has to be boring? Rich and vibrant Girard patterns make the Lunch Purse the coolest accessory around, and give new meaning to eating your lunch in style. This insulated neoprene lunch bag stretches to fit whatever provisions you need for a satisfying meal and includes an inside pocket to stash your favorite treat. Toss it over your shoulder, and never worry about what you’re going to have for lunch again.
• Insulates for up to four hours (time varies depending on external temperatures)
• Made from extra thick neoprene with zip closure, stores flat
• Tested for lead safety—no vinyl or PVC used
• Features exclusive interior Girard print
• Includes exclusive Girard love heart charm
• Stain resistant, hand wash, drip dry (remove charm to wash)